At The Movies:Black Panther

News and Info regarding the phorum
k.d.

At The Movies:Black Panther

Post by k.d. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:51 pm

I'm waiting for a Movie Review from B.W. on Black Panther. He's into that Sci-Fi stuff. From comments I've read so far, it is definitely science fiction.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

b.w. richardson

Re: At The Movies:Black Panther

Post by b.w. richardson » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm

From all accounts it's pretty good, but I'm not as much of a "gotta see it first weekend" kind of guy anymore.

I do confess to being put out by all the "oh this is so new and groundbreaking" BS. The character Black Panther was created in 1966. It's not even the first major film featuring a black Marvel Comics superhero - that would be the three Blade movies. Nor is it the first Marvel Studios project featuring a black Marvel Comics superhero - that would be Luke Cage on Netflix.

It's kind of like everyone fawning over how courageous Bruce Jenner is to talk publicly about becoming a woman. No, that would be Renee Richards in 1975, which was an entirely different time for transgender people.

I plan to judge the movie based on the content of its character rather than the color of the character's skin. (See what I did there?)

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:11 pm

― Ringo Starr

b.w. richardson

Post by b.w. richardson » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 am

Hmm, if I don't like it I guess I'll have to word my issues very carefully ...

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 pm

From that review I wasn't sure if they were letting white people in to see it. lol

btw, great blog post the other day.

― Ringo Starr