News and Info regarding the phorum
b.w. richardson

Re: America loves Stormy

#11 Post by b.w. richardson » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:58 pm

j.p. wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 am
b.w. richardson wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:04 pm
I thought we agreed 20 years ago that the president's sex life has nothing to do with his job performance.
I don't remember us collectively making any such agreement. But I personally believe that sex life has nothing to do with job performance.

But this issue has nothing to do with sex. It's the overall pathology into a president's personality that should be of concern. For which this is a small part of many concerns.
No problem with pathological liar Bubba. The president's pathology has nothing to do with job performance either, remember?

j.p.

#12 Post by j.p. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:18 am

b.w. richardson wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:58 pm
j.p. wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 am
b.w. richardson wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:04 pm
I thought we agreed 20 years ago that the president's sex life has nothing to do with his job performance.
I don't remember us collectively making any such agreement. But I personally believe that sex life has nothing to do with job performance.

But this issue has nothing to do with sex. It's the overall pathology into a president's personality that should be of concern. For which this is a small part of many concerns.
No problem with pathological liar Bubba. The president's pathology has nothing to do with job performance either, remember?
Don't know about the pathological part, but Bubba's lie got him impeached. Regarding the question ..., I don't believe I ever claimed that. If I did, I will retract it. A president's pathology has everything to do with job performance. A normal, adjusted president would die for the power that Trump has. Republican's dominate congress and statehouses. Yet Trump cannot get anything passed

k.d.

#13 Post by k.d. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 am

More importantly than getting crap 'passed', he is doing away with unnecessary regulations that harm the economy. He needs to do even more in this regard, but I'd give him a B- at this point. I can't remember the last president who I wouldn't have given an F.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#14 Post by j.p. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am

k.d. wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 am
More importantly than getting crap 'passed', he is doing away with unnecessary regulations that harm the economy. He needs to do even more in this regard, but I'd give him a B- at this point. I can't remember the last president who I wouldn't have given an F.
He hasn't gotten anything passed to speak up. He does govern through administrative rule, like Obama. He will probably break Obama's record.

Helping bankers does not improve the economy. Bankers don't produce. The other regs we has done away with through decree are related to environmental protections, these can have a positive economic benefit but at a cost.

Speaking of the economy and Trump's pathological "challenges" ... "Irrationality" comes to rational minds when we think of the proposed trade war he wants to start and lose.

Your statement that you would give every President that you remember an "F" except for Trump which you would give a "B-" is eye popping but not surprising. It says a lot about you.

k.d.

#15 Post by k.d. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Can something be eye-popping but not surprising? This is typical j.p. talk - contradict yourself in every sentence you write.
So what if Trump undoes all the horseshit Obama pulled. I like undoing better than doing.

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#16 Post by j.p. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 pm

k.d. wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:41 pm
Can something be eye-popping but not surprising? This is typical j.p. talk - contradict yourself in every sentence you write.
So what if Trump undoes all the horseshit Obama pulled. I like undoing better than doing.
Eye-popping for most but not surprising for Trump's unconditional adulators. Fixed it !

Your picture was an affirmation of your love. You are not alone. There are 34% of Americans who have no rational reason for such devotion.

k.d.

#17 Post by k.d. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:43 pm

That means there is 66% that have no rational reason for their hate.

― Ringo Starr

b.w. richardson

#18 Post by b.w. richardson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:38 pm

j.p. wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Your picture was an affirmation of your love. You are not alone. There are 34% of Americans who have no rational reason for such devotion.
I know I keep coming back to the Clinton analogy, but it’s so apt.

It is possible to approve of a president’s policy actions while disapproving his personal failings as a human being. Look at all the people willing to overlook the multiple women who accused Clinton of rape, because they approved of his politics.

Therefore, it is very easy to see that someone might be pleased with Trump’s job performance while not having love for the man.

P.S. Did I really understand you to make a reference to Clinton’s “lie” - that is to say, singular?

P.P.S. It’s clear from the last 20 years, at least, that a normal, rational man has no chance to be president.

j.p.

#19 Post by j.p. » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:31 am

b.w. richardson wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:38 pm
j.p. wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:47 pm

I know I keep coming back to the Clinton analogy, but it’s so apt.

It is possible to approve of a president’s policy actions while disapproving his personal failings as a human being. Look at all the people willing to overlook the multiple women who accused Clinton of rape, because they approved of his politics.

Therefore, it is very easy to see that someone might be pleased with Trump’s job performance while not having love for the man.

P.S. Did I really understand you to make a reference to Clinton’s “lie” - that is to say, singular?

P.P.S. It’s clear from the last 20 years, at least, that a normal, rational man has no chance to be president.
All presidents have personal failings of some degree, although I don't know any recent Presidents whose sleasiness has reach the level of Trump and Clinton's. I could care less about the "consensual" part of Trumps relationships. We all knew about Trump going in, we wore his adulterous affairs as a badge of honor. Meglamaniacs do what meglamanics do, no big deal to me.

Yes, you can approve of a president's policy actions and disapprove of the personal failings. You have to, unless you hate all presidents. A blind pig can make administrave rules, it requires no skill or cooperative effort. So far that is all Trump has been able to do. He could do so much more.

Trump was gifted with an economy in the upswing, a super majority in congress and statehouses, an opposition in disarray, and no raging war. Can you remember a President who had it so easy.

Immaturity, inability to admit fault, inability to apologize, rudeness, lack of class, constant blaming of others, insulting citizens, lack of focus, bullying, his obsession with having "wins", declaring victory when none exists. And of course, the lies. The list goes on. These and other personality traits may work in private dealings but not with a head of state. These are preventing him from moving forward his so-called "agenda".

Back to the pathological part. These personality failings appear to be involuntary. He can't help himself.

Being an asshole cannot make for a successful presidency. Look back in history.

PS. I used the singular "lie" with Clinton in the context of the impeachment. Clinton was a chronic liar, but it was the Lewinsky lie that got him impeached.