Booze & Condoms

News and Info regarding the phorum
k.d.

Booze & Condoms

Post by k.d. » Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 pm

Here ya go:
In recent weeks, the Boy Scouts of America announced the organization would admit girls to take part in its programs. And now, Charisma News reports that condoms will be made available for its 2019 World Scout Jamboree in West Virginia and alcohol permitted in some areas.

Charisma News reported:

The guidelines require that host organizations, who in this case include the former Boy Scouts of America (now Scouts BSA), “… ensure that condoms are readily and easily accessible for all participants and IST [staff] at a number of locations on the site. Heads of Contingent must be informed in advance and made aware of their responsibility in communicating this policy to their Participants, Unit Leaders, Contingent Staff, and IST in an appropriate way.” (See Guideline 7.3 on page 10 of the document.)

Stunningly, the World Jamboree Guideline 7.3 also has “exceptions,” allowances and instructions for the consumption of alcohol in “confined areas” at the 12-day camping event. (It appears the Jamboree guidelines were drafted after the 2015 World Jamboree in Japan in preparation for the 2019 event and were just recently released in an email.)
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

Re: Booze & Condoms

Post by j.p. » Thu May 24, 2018 7:47 am

The males in the scouts may desire booze and condoms, but girls would not be on a lot of their minds.

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 pm

That is quite an implication you are making.

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

Post by j.p. » Thu May 24, 2018 2:11 pm

k.d. wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 pm
That is quite an implication you are making.
I was in 2 troops in the 60s. I did not witness any overt homesexuality, probably wouldn't have known it if I did. I found the closeness with other boys and adult men creepy. Scouting was by far the "gayest" thing I ever did as a kid. The occaisional camping outing was kinda fun, that's where I learned how to blow smoke rings and light farts, seriously !. We mostly just sat around in church basements. I don't recall any talk about girls in any of the "meetings"

Being an eagle scout is nothing. It might take a little perserverence, but little skill or hard work. Parents could sign off on merit badges.

I laughed at faux testosterone laced blather when they admitted girls. I laughed even harder when they admitted gay men, as if they weren't already amongst the leaders.

In my experience it was a total waste of time.

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Thu May 24, 2018 2:37 pm

My childhood religion forbade me from joining. The kids I knew who joined were nerdy.

― Ringo Starr