Franken would not have resigned if ...

b.w. richardson

Franken would not have resigned if ...

Post by b.w. richardson » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Al The Unfunny Comedian would still be in office if he had been elected in Wisconsin instead of Minnesota, where the governor (currently Democrat) appoints his successor, especially if Wisconsin played by the same rules. But actually Governor Walker does not have the power to replace a senator who resigns or dies – we have this novel idea that a special election should be held to make that decision - but given recent elections it's not a cinch we would replace him with another Dem.

It was easy for Senator Tammy to call for ATUC to resign, since the seat stays in the party. If Al represented Wisconsin, she'd still be defending him.

j.p.

Re: Franken would not have resigned if ...

Post by j.p. » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 am

You may have something. But I think a stronger theory would be that the Dems do not want to look like hypocrits when they call for the censure of the UNREPENTENT rapist soon to be a senator. Plus we know that the power buzz political leaders get far outweighs embarassments. I don't think Franken gives a shit what the his fellow Dems want, I he didn't want to resign he wouldn't.