The Greatest threat to America...

j.p.

The Greatest threat to America...

#1 Post by j.p. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:40 am

is Hollywood

According to the Trump.coms, NRA coctail waitresses and RWNJ radio.

Don't need to post sources. Go anywhere

k.d.

Re: The Greatest threat to America...

#2 Post by k.d. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:20 am

Wherever you get your news must hang on Trump's every word. I have seen nothing about any of that at my news sources this morning.
I did see one headline related to Hollywood and the Oscars, it went something like this:
500 Heavily-Armed Cops, Armed FBI Agents, Fences, Walls, and Roadblocks . . . will be protecting the pro-gun-control gala in L.A. tonight (otherwise known as “the Oscars”).

Regardless, I would tend to agree with the idea that Hollywood is the bigger threat to our country than say, Russia, China, N Korea, Climate Change, or Syria.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#3 Post by j.p. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 am

It looks like the number 2 and 3 greatest threats are the media and professional athletes.

Enjoy this video from this well hung NRA cocktail waitress:

https://twitter.com/NRATV?ref_src=twsrc ... s-video%2F

k.d.

#4 Post by k.d. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:42 am

I would partly agree with that. The 'fake news' media is dangerous and an enemy of Truth. While I'm not particularly afraid of pro golfers or tennis players, I do think the ones who are singing the Negro National Anthem at games should consider relocating to Waukanda. As someone who lives in 'fly over country' I am quite fed up with the antics of both left and right coasts, they don't share my values or most of the rest of the Country's either.

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#5 Post by j.p. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Not sure your values and the country's value are the same.

There is plenty misinformation and mistakes made in the media, but there is nothing "dangerous" about having a free press. W

When people mention " fake news" they either mean news they don't want to hear or they don't understand the difference between news and opinion.

k.d.

#6 Post by k.d. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Maybe not everyone agrees with American values but MOST do. I'd even bet we have almost identical values.

Even you can't argue that we get fake news, hell, most of it is government propaganda.

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#7 Post by j.p. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:22 pm

k.d. wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm
Maybe not everyone agrees with American values but MOST do. I'd even bet we have almost identical values.

Even you can't argue that we get fake news, hell, most of it is government propaganda.
Don't know what American values means. I agree with decency, respect, compassion, hard work yada yada. But I don't know what makes those American values and don't know why you think folks on the coasts don't share them.

Of course there is incorrect and misleading reporting. But I think in the big picture we can glean out the facts. This "fake news" mantra thrown out for everthing you disagree minimalizes actual fake news.

k.d.

#8 Post by k.d. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Between Hollywood on the left coast and the idiot politicians and policy makers on the right coast, it becomes self-evident.
What is also self-evident is the fake news that is provided by the government propaganda machine.

― Ringo Starr