Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

j.p.

Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

#1 Post by j.p. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:37 am

to add a dose of truth and reality to this fantasy that the NRA conjures up to scare it's fragile, easily scared members and bought policians.
Tuesday on “CBS This Morning,” former President Jimmy Carter said the National Rifle Association (NRA) represented the interests of gun manufactures and sellers, not gun owners.

Talking about student gun control activists, Carter said, “I just hope and pray they will be persistent in their commitment and they will continue to use their influence on adults that who have reached voting age already, and when they reach voting age they will be willing to turn out of office the people who have abjectly submitted themselves to the domination of the NRA.”

He added, “The NRA basically represents gun manufacturers and sellers instead of the average hunters and people who use guns for their own defense. I think the distortion of the Second Amendment has been a mistake. There is no threat to the Second Amendment among the side of young people to have good background checks before you can buy a weapon and you can do away with the rapid-fire military weapons that we have authorized.”
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/ ... un-owners/

k.d.

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

#2 Post by k.d. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:45 pm

By representing makers and sellers of guns the NRA is representing gun buyers/owners.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#3 Post by j.p. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:20 pm

k.d. wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:45 pm
By representing makers and sellers of guns the NRA is representing gun buyers/owners.
Not according to Jimmy for whom I agree with. I would add that it is basically the total right wing agenda that the NRA stands for. Guns rights is supported by all. When's the last time you heard anything from the NRA about a single shot 410 shot gun ? Or anything to do with hunting or self defense ?

I own three shotguns. Don't use them much anymore, but I don't plan on giving them up to anybody. I am also pro second amendment. The NRA considers me and many others like me their enemy. Go figure !

k.d.

#4 Post by k.d. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:40 pm

What is the total right-wing agenda?

?Gun rights are supported by all????? What was that March all about then, if you believe that?

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#5 Post by j.p. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 pm

k.d. wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:40 pm
What is the total right-wing agenda?

?Gun rights are supported by all????? What was that March all about then, if you believe that?
As far as guns go, the march was more or less about the AR-15 and other automatic weapons.

k.d.

#6 Post by k.d. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm

And there you go, AR-15s are NOT automatic weapons. That is what the dummies at that March kept saying, too. Regardless, generally the March was about guns and gun laws.

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#7 Post by j.p. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:55 pm

k.d. wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm
And there you go, AR-15s are NOT automatic weapons. That is what the dummies at that March kept saying, too. Regardless, generally the March was about guns and gun laws.
*Sigh* that's pretty much an NRA talking point and it is irrelevent.

It's an either/or situation. Something has to be either automatic or not automatic. "Semi" means it is automatic. In the case of AR-15, it's only purpose is to kill a lot of people in a relatively short time.

Yes, the march absolutely was about guns and gun laws. But it was not about gun rights or the second amendment.

k.d.

#8 Post by k.d. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 pm

"Semi" means it is automatic
Yeah, and a stick shift is an automatic transmission. Sheesh!

Yeah, the March's purpose was to take rights away and destroy the 2nd amendment. Not very noble or patriotic if you ask me.

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

#9 Post by j.p. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:48 pm

k.d. wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 pm
"Semi" means it is automatic
Yeah, and a stick shift is an automatic transmission. Sheesh!

Yeah, the March's purpose was to take rights away and destroy the 2nd amendment. Not very noble or patriotic if you ask me.
did you hear the audio of the shooting ?

There is no right guaranteed in the constitution to own or posess an AR-15.

k.d.

#10 Post by k.d. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:21 pm

There is no right guaranteed in the constitution to own or posess an AR-15.
I don't see anything limiting arms to muskets.

― Ringo Starr