Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

j.p.
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by j.p. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:59 am

k.d. wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:49 pm
Cruz is a terrible example simply because he should not have been on the street. Period. But, that aside, since more people are murdered by knives, fists, feet, motorized vehicles, and a multitude of other legal products,do you want those items banned also. Let's see you be rationally consistent.
Cars as weapons ? really ? I should have expected it. This is where the discussion always seem to go.

What about the Nazi salute and the shaved head of the kids who witnessed their friends being murdered ? What about the commie Parkland protests ? I read there were adults there, that totally dismisses the kid's credibility. Shouldn't the kids be learning CPR ?

On to the next mass murder 5,4,3,2 ..... NRA is happy. Politicians are relieved.

k.d.
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by k.d. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:08 am

On to the next mass murder 5,4,3,2 ..... NRA is happy
You forgot to include 'AR-15' in your tedious comment.

July 14, 2016 - After a Bastille Day fireworks display in Nice, France, a man drives a 20-ton rental truck into the crowd, striking and killing 86 people.

November 28, 2016 - At Ohio State University, 11 people are injured when a student, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, carries out a car and knife attack.

December 19, 2016 - A Tunisian man drives a tractor trailer into a Christmas market in Berlin, killing 12 people.

March 22, 2017 - A man drives an SUV into a crowd on the sidewalk along the Westminster Bridge in London, killing at least four.

April 7, 2017 - At least four people are killed when a truck drives into pedestrians on a busy street in the center of Stockholm, Sweden, before crashing into a department store.

August 16-18, 2017 - At least 13 people are killed and about 100 are injured on August 17th after a van plows through a crowd of people in a popular tourist district in Barcelona, Spain.

October 31, 2017 - Eight people are killed and almost a dozen injured when a 29-year-old man in a rented pickup truck drives down a busy bicycle path near the World Trade Center in New York.

See, you lack consistency. Blaming the NRA is just plain stupid. Perhaps it wouldn't be if you could point out just once where an NRA member went and shot up a school. Just one, but you can't do it. Never happens. You are not interested in truths or facts, just your emotional tantrums. The fact is, guns, including AR-15s, save more lives than they take.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by j.p. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:20 pm

You forgot airplanes, shoes and fertilizer in ridiculous list of non-toys that have been use in mass murder.

And congratulations for being the first person that has brought the conversation so low as to claim an AR 15 as a personal defense weapon. But I'm sure some people have tried fitting one in their pants.

k.d.
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by k.d. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:32 pm

Since we know criminals use AR-15s, I think having one for self-defense would work better than a pea-shooter.
Just curious, did you notice all the armed security for those marchers. What were they afraid of?
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by j.p. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:54 pm

k.d. wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:32 pm
Since we know criminals use AR-15s, I think having one for self-defense would work better than a pea-shooter.
Just curious, did you notice all the armed security for those marchers. What were they afraid of?
When did the military and police come into this argument ? Most would say that it might be appropriate for them to carry assault weapons, umm... they do tend to carry out assaults. Military type assaults and assault weapons do sorta go together, though I would argue that our local Barney Fifes shouldn't have assualt weapons either, but I digress.

AR-15s might be better than a pea shooter, but not near as effective as a handgun or even a shotgun. Personally I think wits might work better than an AR-15.

BTW AR-15s have not saved more lives than they have wasted.

k.d.
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by k.d. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 pm

What's really great is that you can have your opinion. What else is really great is that Americans can buy AR-15s legally. What a great country.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by j.p. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:37 am

k.d. wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:57 pm
What's really great is that you can have your opinion. What else is really great is that Americans can buy AR-15s legally. What a great country.
I don't ever remember you refer to the US as a great country ! :shock:

My job is done here :D

k.d.
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by k.d. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 am

Don't confuse the country with the government.

And in today's news we read:
Gun instructor uses AR-15 to stop attacker in Oswego: 'He was a half a breath away from getting his head blown off '
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/a ... story.html
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

b.w. richardson
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by b.w. richardson » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:38 pm

k.d. wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:08 am
July 14, 2016 - After a Bastille Day fireworks display in Nice, France, a man drives a 20-ton rental truck into the crowd, striking and killing 86 people.

November 28, 2016 - At Ohio State University, 11 people are injured when a student, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, carries out a car and knife attack.

December 19, 2016 - A Tunisian man drives a tractor trailer into a Christmas market in Berlin, killing 12 people.

March 22, 2017 - A man drives an SUV into a crowd on the sidewalk along the Westminster Bridge in London, killing at least four.

April 7, 2017 - At least four people are killed when a truck drives into pedestrians on a busy street in the center of Stockholm, Sweden, before crashing into a department store.

August 16-18, 2017 - At least 13 people are killed and about 100 are injured on August 17th after a van plows through a crowd of people in a popular tourist district in Barcelona, Spain.

October 31, 2017 - Eight people are killed and almost a dozen injured when a 29-year-old man in a rented pickup truck drives down a busy bicycle path near the World Trade Center in New York.
Bravo. I challenge anyone to explain why the average person "needs" a pickup truck or an SUV. These dangerous weapons must be taken off the streets.

j.p.
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Re: Leave it to our last (mostly) honest president...

Post by j.p. » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:24 pm

b.w. richardson wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:38 pm
k.d. wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:08 am
July 14, 2016 - After a Bastille Day fireworks display in Nice, France, a man drives a 20-ton rental truck into the crowd, striking and killing 86 people.

November 28, 2016 - At Ohio State University, 11 people are injured when a student, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, carries out a car and knife attack.

December 19, 2016 - A Tunisian man drives a tractor trailer into a Christmas market in Berlin, killing 12 people.

March 22, 2017 - A man drives an SUV into a crowd on the sidewalk along the Westminster Bridge in London, killing at least four.

April 7, 2017 - At least four people are killed when a truck drives into pedestrians on a busy street in the center of Stockholm, Sweden, before crashing into a department store.

August 16-18, 2017 - At least 13 people are killed and about 100 are injured on August 17th after a van plows through a crowd of people in a popular tourist district in Barcelona, Spain.

October 31, 2017 - Eight people are killed and almost a dozen injured when a 29-year-old man in a rented pickup truck drives down a busy bicycle path near the World Trade Center in New York.
Bravo. I challenge anyone to explain why the average person "needs" a pickup truck or an SUV. These dangerous weapons must be taken off the streets.
I would add schools, bars, theaters and streets to your list of weapons. Can't see why anybody would need these. Without them we would have prevented a lot of mass muders.

Post Reply