Inmates running the asylum

b.w. richardson

Inmates running the asylum

Post by b.w. richardson » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:50 am

OMG, OMG, an NFL owner said "We can't have the inmates running the prison." How insensitive! The local paper had a half-page USA Today column by some nitwit who had about a thousand words to say about how awful the comment was. He called all those players inmates! OMG!

We really have to solve this problem, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. We need to put this in our pipes and smoke it. There, now I've diverted attention by horrifying PETA and the cancer society.

j.p.

Re: Inmates running the asylum

Post by j.p. » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:02 pm

b.w. richardson wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:50 am
OMG, OMG, an NFL owner said "We can't have the inmates running the prison." How insensitive! The local paper had a half-page USA Today column by some nitwit who had about a thousand words to say about how awful the comment was. He called all those players inmates! OMG!

We really have to solve this problem, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. We need to put this in our pipes and smoke it. There, now I've diverted attention by horrifying PETA and the cancer society.
I took it as an innocent symbolic figure of speech as well. Symbols bring out the insecurity in all of us. Whether it's a piece of cloth or a flippant comment.

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Who knew that throwing out an old and worn cliche could cause such a fuss?
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

b.w. richardson

Post by b.w. richardson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:48 pm

We can argue whether the U.S. of A. was founded as a Christian nation, but there's no doubt the Church of the Perpetually Offended has taken over.