Trump gives recruiters an early Christmas gift with embassy move

j.p.

Trump gives recruiters an early Christmas gift with embassy move

Post by j.p. » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Terrorist recruiters are pissing their pants with joy over Trump's gift. Add this to the list of stupid shit Trump has done. Housing the American embassy for Israel in Jordan makes no sense. But I suppose a few more dead soldiers is a price well worth the increase to his basket of deporables by a few american Jewish folks.

k.d.

Re: Trump gives recruiters an early Christmas gift with embassy move

Post by k.d. » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm not sure what Jordan has to do with this but, the fact is Congress passed a law, the Jerusalem Embassy Act in 1995, that recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. Bill Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump and Hillary all ran on that promise, also.
Here's Hillary in 1999
WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, July 9) -- First lady Hillary Rodham Clinton says she considers Jerusalem to be the "eternal and indivisible capital of Israel" and will be an active advocate -- if elected to New York's Senate seat -- to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.

In a letter that became public Thursday, Mrs. Clinton wrote: "If I am chosen by New Yorkers to be their senator, or in whatever position I find myself in the years to come, you can be sure that I will be an active, committed advocate for a strong and secure Israel, able to live in peace with its neighbors, with the United States Embassy located in its capital, Jerusalem."
It is quite arrogant of this government to declare what the capitol of another country is.
I agree with you it is a horrible idea on several different levels.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

Re: Trump gives recruiters an early Christmas gift with embassy move

Post by j.p. » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:11 pm

When the Brits and French partitioned the area, roughly half of Jerusalem went to Jordan.

Never implied that the Jewish lobby didn't control the other Presidents, however the embassy stayed in Tel a Viv. Might still.

It is also quite arrogant for a country to declare their capital to be in a different country.