FoxConn

pkarm
Site Admin

FoxConn

Post by pkarm » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Are democrats against this project because its going to bring jobs to the state and they will have to maybe get one and stop milking taxpayers?

j.p.

Re: FoxConn

Post by j.p. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 am

The democrats are in extreme obstructionist mode. Some Dems voted for it though.
I'm undecided, but here's what I don't like about it.

1. The 3.25 BILLION dollar welfare payment. Yes, this is real welfare. About the only thing they need to do to is build the plant. Analyst's say that the net benefit, if any, won't be realized until you and I are long dead.
2. It is being built on the Illinois border. There is no guarantee jobs go to Wisconsin workers
3. They can dump more shit in the rivers than everybody else down there.
4. A special provision for Foxconn only that any litigation must bypass the appeals process and go straight to the partisan state supreme court. The guarantees a Foxconn/GOP win. This is particularly sinister and likely unconsitutional.

pkarm
Site Admin

Post by pkarm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:37 am

the money to lure them that us just how the game is played. regarding jobs of course they are not going to be people from Wisconsin but majority probably will be

j.p.

Post by j.p. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 am

I agree. If Wisconsin hadn't bent over, other states would have. That is how the game is played. The sad part is FoxComm does not need this payment. And they probably would have located in the US without it. I would have also liked a little bit of assurance that they won't pack up and leave once they get a better offer from Mexico or when Apple starts losing market share ( they will eventually)

Anybody need a vacant 20,000,000 square foot factory in Kenosha County ? The Wisconsin taxpayers may have one for sale.

pkarm
Site Admin

Post by pkarm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:59 am

But until then Wisconsin wins
this is not a giveaway, cutting Foxconn a 3 billion dollar check; we pay them as they grow. As they invest more into the state of Wisconsin, we invest in them, and if everything comes to fruition on this deal, if they reach 13,000 jobs we’re talking 700 million dollars per year in income taxes coming back to the state of Wisconsin, and 10 billion dollars in economic development into the state = Senator Patrick Testin

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:08 am

Hey! j.p. Good to know you are still alive and kickin'.
I will withhold comment on the tax question. My concern is that technology advances so quickly and what if sooner, rather than later, the work can be done with AI. Generally, I don't think it was a great deal.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

b.w. richardson

Post by b.w. richardson » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Wisconsin Democrats don't like it because if it succeeds they will transform from mostly irrelevant to extinct. All they have to know about it in order to be opposed is that Scott Walker proposed it.