Kneelers

k.d.

Kneelers

Post by k.d. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:20 pm

I don't get why these mostly black players in the NFL are kneeling during the anthem. If it isn't against team policy and their employer doesn't care, it shouldn't make any difference whether they do or they don't. Trump is also entitled to his opinion.
However, these black guys are idiots for protesting during the anthem. There is no national police force that may be persecuting them because of their race commits most of the crimes in the country.
I could understand if they were protesting the government killing innocent people in places the government forces shouldn't be. But they aren't, they are protesting a non-event.
IMO, neither Trump nor the players are right. It also wouldn't bother me in the least if this whole fiasco caused the NFL to go belly up. I gotta think that the average white guy is sick of the whole BLM thing.
“Everything government touches turns to crap.”

― Ringo Starr

j.p.

Re: Kneelers

Post by j.p. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:33 pm

It's the veterans they are protesting. Pay attention !

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Which veterans?
Regardless, it seems dumb because they aren't gonna get the average person to support them and whatever their complaint is. I think it will merely alienate even more people.

― Ringo Starr

pkarm
Site Admin

Post by pkarm » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:59 pm

Best thing to do is enjoy the game just boycott any company that advertises at the stadium and on the broadcast. See everyone has the right to protest and advertisers not getting a good return on the high cost of dealing with the NFL will make the real difference. Owners of NFL teams know only one thing profit and when the bottom line gets hurt they will do something

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 pm

I see Murphy released an idiotic statement/press release.

― Ringo Starr

pkarm
Site Admin

Post by pkarm » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 am

A number of owners did I am sure the league office suggested it

j.p.

Post by j.p. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:41 am

I should have said "disrespecting" veterans instead of "protesting" . And I was being sarcastic. The folks who say that the athletes are being disrespectful are just making shit up. I have yet to hear or read anything from the athletes that the purpose has anything to do with disrespect, flags, songs, veteran, or the military. The President has a right to his opinion, but not a right to lie.

I think the way they are protesting is kind of dumb and might back fire. I can't seem to be able white'splain it away so I just roll with it. But I see no display of disrespect whatsoever. I think the critics are being kind of '"snowflakey" as well as insecure about their own patriotsm.

j.p.

Post by j.p. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:12 am

k.d. wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:30 pm
I see Murphy released an idiotic statement/press release.
It was, no doubt, an easy business decision to make. Public support for members of your organization is crucial for a successful operation.

pkarm
Site Admin

Post by pkarm » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Here is what is wrong with the protest, people are not talking WHY they are protesting they are talking about the disrespect of the protest. They are doing nothing but burying what ever it is the are pissing and moaning about with this kneeling

k.d.

Post by k.d. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 pm

I posted why they are protesting here:
http://www.greenbayphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26

And the Mark Murphy's of the world look like idiots just like these ignorant gorillas.

― Ringo Starr